Money buys a lot, but if you have a happy stomach, you are golden.This is one of those recipes that’s barely a recipe. I mean, basically the recipe is for the butter.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2-4 pounds littleneck clams, rinsed + scrubbed
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- To make the Jalepeno Basil Butter, preheat the grill or grill pan** to high heat.Once the grill is hot, add the jalapeños and charr all over, about 2 minutes per side. Once charred, remove from the heat and place in a bowl to cool, cover with a dish towel. Once cool enough to handle slice the jalapeños in half, remove your desired amount of seeds and then finely dice.
- To a bowl mix together the softened butter, jalapeños, honey, basil, zest of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt. Mix until combined and then fold in the blue cheese (if using). The butter can be store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Before serve, leave the butter on the counter to soften or lightly melt over the stove.
- To make the clams, preheat the grill to high. Once hot, add the clams in a single layer, cover and cook until the clams open, about 5-10 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open. Toss the hot clams with the jalapeño butter and serve with more butter, toasted bread and corn. Enjoy warm!