Time: 30 minutes
- Basa fish fillets 2
- Red chilli flakes 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Stock cubes 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Mixed dried herbs 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- To make Cajun spice, grind together chilli flakes, stock cubes, chilli powder, dried herbs, garlic powder and salt to a fine powder. Add refined flour and grind again. Transfer onto a plate.
- Trim fish fillets from both ends. Add lemon juice and rub well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Coat fish fillets with Cajun spice, place in hot oil and cook till evenly golden from both sides.
- Serve hot garnished with a parsley sprig and lemon slices.