Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, these zucchini fritters will hit the spot!
Time: 30 min.
- Zucchini grated 2 medium
- Mixed herbs (dill, parsley and oregano), chopped ¼ cup
- Feta cheese crumbled ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Spinach chopped 2 small bunches
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Eggs finely chopped 3
- Spring onions with greens finely chopped 2
- Garlic cloves finely chopped 2
- Refined flour (maida) ? cup
- Baking powder ½ teaspoon
- Oil for deep-frying
- Put zucchini in a bowl. Add salt and set aside for five to ten minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture and transfer into another bowl.
- Add feta cheese, spinach, crushed peppercorns, mixed herbs, eggs, spring onion with greens and garlic and mix well. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Divide the zucchini-cheese mixture into equal portions and deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.