Indian recipe which is Thattai. So now you have a new snack to pair with your tea or coffee apart from biscuits and cookies.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon roasted bengal gram flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida
- 250 ml water
- 2 tablespoon urad dal flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon kala chana
- 500 ml refined oil
- To start with, soak Bengal gram for half an hour. In a wide bowl mix all ingredients other than oil and water.
- Adding water little by little, make a smooth dough using the ingredients. Make small lemon size balls of the
- Make flat thattai using puri presser or on a oil sheet. Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadhai on medium flame.
- Gently take the puris off from the puri presser and slowly drop them into the hot oil.
- Deep-fry them on medium flame, till they turn golden in color. Then take them out on to a kitchen towel and
- serve or store.