Broccoli is loaded with vitamins, fiber and other nutrients that make it a powerhouse of a vegetable. The trick to convincing even the pickiest eaters to try broccoli is in preparing it in an irresistible way. These broccoli recipes do just that.
500 gms of broccoli florets
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 cup of rated processed cheese (Amul)
100 gms of fresh cream
6 – 8 green cardamon pods
15 – 20 black peppercorns
2 Tbsps garlic paste
1 Tbsp ginger paste
4 – 6 green chilies (adjust to taste)
Salt – to taste
– Bring a large pot of water to boil. In a separate bowl keep some ice cold water ready. Add a couple of tsps of salt to the pot. Blanch the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove the florets from the pot and add them to ice cold water.
– Once cooled, remove the florets and keep them aside to drain.Grind the green chilies, cardamon seeds and black pepper corns into a fine paste.
– In a separate bowl mix the two cheeses, ginger garlic paste, cream, and chili paste. Add salt to taste.
– Marinate the broccoli florets in the mixture for at least an hour.
– Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg. C. Lay the florets on a baking sheet and cook until tender (around 10-12 minutes).
– Serve hot with a fresh onion tomato salad!