Spinach and Basil Pasta is a scrumptious Italian recipe that is loved by food connoisseurs all over the world.
Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup pasta penne
- 1/2 capsicum (green pepper)
- salt as required
- 1 green chilli
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 handfuls basil
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/2 onion
- black pepper as required
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoon refined oil
- Place a pan over medium flame and heat oil in it. Meanwhile, chop the spinach leaves, onions, green capsicum,
- basil leaves and slice the green chillies. Now, add the spinach leaves along with onions, green capsicum, green
- chillies and basil in it and saute until well cooked or till all the ingredients soften. Next, transfer this mixture
- into the blender jar and top it up with lemon juice. Blend it until it attains a puree like consistency. Pour this to
- the same pan and let it thicken over low flame.
- Meanwhile, place another pan over medium flame and add water along with 1 teaspoon of oil in it. Once it
- comes to a boil, add the penne pasta to it. Let it cook and once done, strain the pasta out. Set it aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the cooked pasta to the spinach sauce and toss to combine. Make sure the pasta is well
- coated with the sauce. Sprinkle some oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper as per your taste over the sauce
- and give it a final stir. Transfer it onto a plate and garnish with a few basil leaves. Serve it hot with some garlic
- bread to enjoy!