Shammi Kebab is a famous Pakistani non-vegetarian snack recipe that is made from mutton, cumin seeds and chana dal with the filling of onions, coriander leaves and green chillies.
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 500 gm chopped into cubes mutton
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 10 cardamom- green’
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon spice black pepper
- 2 tablespoon chana dal
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon clove
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 5 cup water
- For Filling
- 2 medium finely chopped onion
- 2 small finely chopped green chilli
- 1 handful finely chopped coriander leaves
- In a pan, add the mutton, water, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, black pepper, green cardamom powder, chana
- dal, garlic, ginger, cardamom pods, clove and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to
- cook it until all the water has evaporated and the meat is tender.
- Once it is done, remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool. Then grind this mixture to a paste. Add
- a tablespoon of garam masala and mashed egg to the paste and then make small lemon-sized balls. Stuff the
- balls in the middle with half a tablespoon each of the chopped onions, coriander and green chilies.
- Now heat oil in a pan over high flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, deep fry the balls till they turn brown and
- serve hot with ketchup. They taste even better when served with tea or coffee.