Red Harissa Chicken is a popular dish common to both North African and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 kilograms chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon refined oil
- water as required
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 slices lime
- For Marination
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 red chilli
- salt as required
- For Garnishing
- 1 stalk coriander leaves
- The first step is to make the red harissa paste to marinate the chicken breasts. Grind together the spices –
- cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic and red chili to make a fine paste. Add water, if required. After the paste is
- done, put it in a bowl and add in 2 tablespoons of oil and the salt. Keep the harissa paste aside.
- Next, take the chicken breasts on a flat tray and sprinkle some salt on the pieces. Add the oil over the breasts
- as well. Mix these three ingredients well and let it sit for half an hour.
- Next, put the chicken pieces in the harissa paste and let it sit for an hour. Once the time has passed, grill the
- pieces on a grilling pan. Let one side sit on the pan for five minutes before turning it. Before serving, garnish
- with chopped coriander and lime slices.