Rajbhog is a popular Bengali dessert, which is often made during festivals and special occasions.
Time: 50 minutes
- 100 gm paneer
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon edible food color
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 3/4 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 2 cup water
- Grind the cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds to a fine powder. Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Add
- the saffron soaked milk and mix well into a thick paste. Make small balls and keep aside.
- Knead the paneer and divide into two portions. Then take one portion and mix saffron strands along with
- yellow food colour and mix well. Let the other portion remain white. Make small balls of both the portions.
- Shape them into a small cup and add the tiny nut ball. Fold well and shape into a ball again. Heat water in a
- pan and add the sugar. Stir well until fully dissolved.
- Gently add the paneer balls and simmer for 15 minutes over low/medium flame. Remove and cool. The balls
- may disintegrate or dissolve in the syrup, hence you must avoid stirring and keep the flame low. Serve chilled
- or at room temperature.