Prawn Masala is a mouth-watering South Indian recipe that you can cook in under 40-minutes
Time: 45 minutes
- 300 gm prawns
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/4 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
- 2 boiled,chopped into cubes potato
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- water as required
- For Marination
- 2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 teaspoon salt
- First marinate prawns with one teaspoon each of salt and haldi in a small bowl and keep aside for 10-15
- minutes. Afterwards, put a pan on medium flame and heat oil i n it. When the oil is hot enough, add the
- marinated prawns and shallow fry. Make sure they are not hard once fried. Switch off the burner once done.
- Peel the onion, ginger and garlic and roughly chop them in a grinder jar. Add cumin powder, coriander powder,
- tomato and coconut in the jar, and grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste. Transfer this masala to a bowl
- and keep it aside.
- Put a large pan on medium flame and heat a little oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add a little sugar and
- quickly add the prepared masala. Stir to mix sugar with the masala and cook for about a minute.
- Then, add the remaining salt and haldi along with red chilli powder in the masala, and cook well till the oil
- separates. Now, add the potato pieces along with fried prawns in the pan and toss well to mix all the spices
- with them. Cook for about two minutes.
- Finally, add water as per the desired consistency of the curry and mix well with the contents of the pan. Lowe
- the flame and bring it to a boil. Let the curry cook for about 10 minutes. Once the curry is cooker, sprinkle
- cinnamon powder and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Switch off the burner and serve hot with chapati
- or rice.