Talk about a pie and it is a possibility that you will imagine an exquisite dessert with fruits and syrups over them.
Time: 1 hour
- 500 gm potato
- 60 gm parmesan cheese
- 2 egg
- 6 sprigs tarragon
- grated nutmeg as required
- 200 gm spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon parboiled black pepper
- Wash potatoes in running water, peel and cut into the thinnest possible round slices and divide into 3 equal
- Clean spinach and blanch in salted boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain the water and refresh the spinach leaves
- in iced water. Then drain and divide into equal portions.
- Now, grate and divide Parmesan cheese into 3 equal portions. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and then add cream
- and 2 sprigs of tarragon. Sprinkle black pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg. Whisk until the liquid is
- homogeneous. Divide in 3 equal portions.
- Preheat oven at 300 degree Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, grease a pie mould with butter and arrange a layer of
- potatoes, slightly overlapping. Cover with a portion of spinach leaves and pour in a portion of the egg mixture
- and drizzle a portion of the cheese.
- Repeat the process with the remaining portions and bake in the pre-heated oven for an hour or until the
- potatoes are cooked. Prick it with a cooking needle, if it comes out dry, the flan is cooked. Remove and keep
- Demould, cut the pie into wedges and garnish with remaining tarragons and serve with a portion of salad.