Pearl Spot — Karimeen fry is a sought after delicacy in Kerala. The pearl spot fish is marinated in a mixture of lemon juice, red chillies, other ingredients and deep fried until crisp and golden brown. This recipe is an exotic dish of Karimeen fry cooked in Kerala style.
Time: 45 minutes
- Karimeen- 2
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/2teaspoon
- Red chili powder table spoon- 1
- Turmeric powder- 1/2teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2teaspoon
- Maida – 1teaspoon
- Lime juice – 2teaspoons
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
- Steps clean karimeen well with salt and water make small slits on the fish.
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt and lemon juice keep aside.
- Mix all other ingredients well except oil.
- Apply this paste on karimeen and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry karimeen in both sides serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.