Paneer Methi is a truly delicious, nutritious and healthy recipe that can be cooked easily at home in under 40-minutes.
Time: 35 minutes
- 200 gm paneer
- 2 grated tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon refined oil
- 500 gm fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 piece sliced & slit ginger
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Roughly chop methi in a large bowl and rinse it in running water for a few minutes till it gets clean. Keep the
- bowl aside for a while. Then, cut paneer in cubes in a smal bowl and keep it aside too!
- Now, put a kadhai on medium flame and heat oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds in it and
- let them splutter for a few seconds and quickly add ginger julians in it. Then, add salt, red chili powder along
- with turmeric powder in the kadhai and saute for a few seconds.
- Next, add paneer cubes in the kadhai and lightly stir to mix the spices with paneer cubes. Cook paneer for
- about 2-3 minutes and then add chopped methi in the kadhai. Stir to mix well methi with paneer cubes and the
- spices, and double close the lid. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- Afterwards, open the lid of the kadhai and add the grated tomatoes in it along with garam masala powder and
- coriander powder or dhaniya masala, and lightly stir. Cook the paneer methi
- By now, the paneer methi is ready, switch off the burner and transfer to a bowl. Serve hot with chapati or even
- with toasted bread. Enjoy it