Paneer Butter Masala is a rich and delicious North Indian recipe made with aromatic spices, cream and butter.
Time: 1 hour
- 450 gm paneer
- 5 medium chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoon powdered coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 clove
- 2 red chilli
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon refined oil
- salt as required
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- For Garnishing
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- Take a pan and add three tablespoons butter with one teaspoon oil in it. Heat it over moderate flame. Add bay
- leaves, cloves, cinnamon, dried and broken red chillies and half of the crushed coriander seeds. Saute these
- ingredients for half a minute.
- Now add the sliced onions and stir fry till they turn slightly pinkish in hue.Then add ginger-garlic paste. Keep
- stirring and cook on low flame till the raw smell goes away. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and
- chopped tomatoes. Cook the mixture on high flame till oil leaves the masala.
- Once the masala is cooled, puree the mixture. Heat the remaining butter in a non-stick pan over moderate
- flame. Cook the pureed mixture for two minutes. Add paneer pieces and salt. Add half a cup of water. Cook
- covered on low heat for five minutes.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi and mix in lightly. Remove from heat and transfer the dish to a serving bowl. Mix in
- cream and serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.