Fried Goan Pomfret is one of the most famous South Indian recipes that is a must try for every non-vegetarian out there.
Time: 50 minutes
- 4 pieces black pomfret fish
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- salt as required
- Wash the fish pieces under running water and pat dry them using kitchen towel. Place them on a separate plate
- and drizzle lime juice and salt over them.
- Now, in a separate bowl mix together red chili powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder well. Apply this
- mixture on the surface of the fish pieces evenly. Keep it aside for sometime now.
- Place a pan over medium flame and heat oil in it. Meanwhile, pour the wheat flour in a separate bowl and roll
- the fish slices in it. Once the fish slices have an even coating of the
- flour place them on the pan and fry till they turn crispy and brown from all the sides. Repeat the same with the
- rest of the fishes. Your Pan Fried Goan Pomfret is now ready.