Sweet Potato Pudding is a novel twist to the age old potato pie and is wrapped in absolute creaminess of the sweet potato.
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 sweet potato
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- whipped cream as required
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius. Glaze a baking dish with butter and keep it aside.
- Take water in a bowl and add sweet potatoes and boil them. In a medium-sized bowl, add the boiled sweet
- potatoes, butter, orange juice, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence and mix them all together until the
- potatoes are mashed well. Once all the ingredients turn into a smooth paste, transfer this into the glazed
- baking dish.
- Place the glazed dish in the heated oven and bake the mixture for about 35 minutes.
- Once done, serve it hot with some whipped cream on top and enjoy.