Namak Para also known as Nimki in some parts of the country. This easy and quick recipe can be prepared at home without investing too much time and effort.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon spice black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 cup refined oil
- To make this simple namakpara recipe, take a large tray and sieve the flour. Then add salt, pepper powder and
- asafoetida powder. You can also add onion and ajwain if you like their taste.
- Now add a little water and knead the dough, You can also add a pinch of red chili powder if you want to make
- it spicy. The dough must be thick and add ghee to accentuate the taste and flavour of the dish and knead well.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into medium sized chapatis. Cut the chapatis into small diamond
- shapes and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Fry the namak paras till they turn golden. Remove and drain excess
- oil. Serve as a snack with a cup of tea and enjoy with your loved ones.