Mud Cake is no doubt a rich chocolaty delight that will ease the mood of anyone.
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 175 gm butter
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 200 gm dark chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- The first step is to prepare the liquid ingredients of the mixture. Melt the butter in a saucepan and to this add
- 100 gm of chocolate, sugar and ½ cup of cold water. Cook and keep stirring until smooth. Transfer this mixture
- in a bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Now in a separate bowl, crack the egg and also add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix this well
- and then fold in the liquid mixture prepared earlier. Pour mixture in a buttered baking cake pan and pop this in
- a 160°C preheated oven for an hour.
- Next, prepare a ganache by mixing together the remaining chocolate and cream and cooking them in a
- saucepan until smooth. Pour this ganache over the cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes