Mint Moong Dal is a North Indian main dish which is prepared with moong dal, chopped mint leaves, and other spices like cumin seeds, red chili powder.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cup moong dal
- 4 tablespoon mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 4 pinches asafoetida
- salt as required
- 4 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 10 cloves garlic
- Chop mint leaves and garlic. Then, wash the dal until the water comes clean. In a pressure cooker, add dal, 3
- cups of water, turmeric powder and chopped garlic.
- Pressure cook up to 2 whistles. Meanwhile, in a pan, heat oil and saute cumin seeds until they start to splutter.
- Mix in garlic, mint leaves and asafoetida. With the help of a ladle, mash the dal once it is cooked. Mix the
- tempering in the dal, add salt and let the mixture simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add water if the dal thickens. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes more and then pour it out in serving bowls. Serve hot
- with rice and relish its flavours.