A paratha is a perfect breakfast recipe to begin your day with, and can be enjoyed with curd, pickle, and butter.
Time: 40 minutes
- 250 gm wheat flour
- 100 gm ghee
- For Dough
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- water as required
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt as required
- Wash methi or fenugreek leaves in running water and pat them dry. Take a large bowl and finely chop them,
- keep aside till required.
- In the same bowl, add wheat flour, chopped green chilies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds,
- asafoetida , coriander powder, salt and ghee together. Add a little water at a time and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it sit for some time.
- Next, make small balls out of it and using a rolling pin, roll the balls into round shaped rotis and dust with dry
- flour. Heat a tawa on medium flame and apple a little ghee over it. Next, place the rolled out roti on it and
- cook until it turns crispy, turn to cook the other side of the chapati till golden coloured.
- Methi Paratha is ready to eat, enjoy with some butter and pickle, or curd!