A creamy Italian recipe, Mango Panna Cotta is made with unflavoured gelatin, whipping cream, sour cream and mango.
Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 diced ripe mangoes
- Sprinkle the gelatin(unflavoured) over the cold water. Let it stand for five minutes.
- In a pan, warm the cream with the sugar, salt, and vanilla over medium-high heat. Do not let it boil. Stir in the
- gelatin until thoroughly dissolved.
- Cool for a few minutes. Put this sour cream in a medium bowl and whisk in the warm cream a little at a time
- until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness. It may need a little at a time until smooth. Taste for sweetness. It may need another
- teaspoon of sugar.
- Rinse 8 custard cups with cold water. Fill each one three quarters full with the cream. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, either unmould by packing the moulds in hot towels and then turning each out onto a dessert plate,
- or serve in their containers. Serve with diced ripe mango.