Makhana Kheer is a delicious dessert recipe with the goodness of dry fruits.
Time: 50 minutes
- 250 gm lotus seed pops
- 500 ml milk
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 8 almonds
- 120 gm sugar
- 8 cashew
- 1 pinch saffron
- Take a pan, add ghee and heat it on low flame. Add 1 cup lotus seed pops and cashews to the pan along with
- almonds and roast on low flame until the seed pops turn crunchy and cashews turn golden. Keep aside for a
- Add milk (preferably use organic milk) to a thick bottom pan and let it boil.
- Now, reserve 1/4 of the roasted lotus seed pops, cashews and almonds mixture and add the rest of it to a
- blender jar and grind until it is powdered.
- Add sugar to the boiled milk according to your taste. Now, add cardamom powder, saffron, powdered lotus
- seed pops mixture to the milk and stir properly for a minute.
- Then, add reserved 1/4 of the lotus seed pops, cashews and almonds mixture and mix properly. Keep stirring
- on low flame for around 10 minutes until the pop seeds turn soft.
- Let it simmer for few more minutes. Serve hot and enjoy