Gajak is a quite famous North Indian recipe which is best enjoyed during the winters. This wholesome and healthy recipe is traditionally cooked on Makar Sankranti.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 200 gm sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup halved cashews
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- To make this easy Makar Sankranti recipe, grease a rectangular tray with ghee and keep aside. In a large heavy
- bottomed kadhai, dry roast sesame seeds on low heat till they turn brown. Keep aside.
- Now combine sugar, ghee with two tablespoons of water, and cook on medium heat till it turns thick and
- syrupy. Take off from the heat and fold in the roasted sesame seeds and cashew nuts. Mix well and then
- transfer to the ghee coated tray and level it with a large flat spatula.
- While still hot/warm, make cuts on it. Once it has cooled down, you can separate the pieces. Serve or store
- them in an air-tight container once properly cooled.