Time: 1Hr 45min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 shallot,
- chopped 1 clove garlic,
- minced 1/2 green bell pepper,
- diced 1/2 eggplant,
- cubed 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir shallot, garlic, green bell pepper, eggplant, tomato, and zucchini until soft, 10 to 15
- minutes. Season vegetables with a sprinkling of salt and black pepper as they cook.
- Whisk self-rising flour with eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl until smoothly combined; whisk in olive oil. Gently fold vegetables into flour mixture; stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake loaf in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing to finish
- cooling on a wire rack; slice when cooled.