Dal Fry is a popular Indian recipe made from moong dal, spiced with curry leaves, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 pinch mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli
- For Garnishing
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make this healthy Dal Fry recipe, take a container and soak the dal in it by mixing it with water. Soak it for
- around 10 to 15 minutes. Once done, take a cooker and add dal, chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, coriander
- leaves, turmeric powder and chilli powder along with 1-2 cups of water. Bring it on medium flame and allow it
- to cook for 2 whistles. Once done, open the cooker lid and give the dal a single stir using a ladle. Add salt and
- stir well.
- Meanwhile, in a cooking pan, add some oil and bring it to heat. Once it is sufficiently hot, add mustard seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add in cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves. Fry the tadka on medium to low
- flame. Meanwhile heat the dal to a required consistency and transfer in a serving dish. Once the tadka is ready,
- pour it on the dal.
- Garnish the healthy Dal Fry with coriander leaves and sprinkle some lemon juice in the end to give it an extra
- zing. Serve this delicious dal with chapati, paratha or even jeera rice.