Quick Curd Rice is a popular South Indian recipe prepared by rice, yoghurt and ginger
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup rice
- salt as required
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Wash rice in running water and soak them for 20 minutes. Take a pressure cooker, add enough water and put
- rice in cooker. Sprinkle salt and cook rice for few minutes.
- When rice fluffs up, keep them aside to cool completely. Then add curd to rice and mix well until it combines
- completely with rice. Keep curd rice aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil, add cumin and mustard seeds. Cook until the seeds splutter, then add minced ginger.
- When ginger turns light brown, add curry leaves and chopped green chillies. Also add asafoetida and switch off
- the flame.
- Pour the aromatic seasoning over curd rice. Serve it chilled. You can also pair this curd rice recipe with crispy
- papads and mango pickle.