Curd Oatmeal recipe is cooked using oats, yoghurt, ginger, onion and a melange of whole and ground spices.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cup beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 1 gm mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 5 curry leaves
- 50 gm finely chopped cucumber
- water as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 50 gm finely chopped carrot
- To prepare this easy recipe, put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and cook oats with lots of water. Once
- cooked, transfer in a bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Next, add the beaten curd in a large bowl along with the chopped vegetables (onion, carrot and cucumber)
- and salt. Mix well and add it to the oats mixture.
- Now, heat a pan with oil in it and add the mustard and cumin seeds along with asafoetida to it. Let them
- crackle for a few seconds and then add the curry leaves along with the slit chillies and saute for about a minute.
- Add this tempering into the oats mixture and stir well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot. (Optional: You can even add fruits of your choice to this
- dish and enjoy.)