Craving for the classic French bistro sandwich, then this Croque Monsieur snack recipe is made for you.
Time: 25 minutes
- 4 slices bread- white
- 2 slices cheese- gruyere
- 1 egg
- black pepper as required
- 2 slices ham
- 4 tablespoon butter
- salt as required
- water as required
- On a large plate, lay the bread slices and spread an even layer of butter on each of them. Next, place ham
- along with a cheese slice on the two of the bread slices and then cover them with the remaining slices of bread.
- Set them aside.
- In a bowl, pour some water and break the eggs in it. Add black pepper along with salt in it and mix well. Now,
- dip each sandwich in this bowl and make sure the sides have an even coating of it.
- Place a pan over medium flame and once it’s hot enough, heat some butter on it. Once it starts melting then
- place both the sandwiches on this melted butter. Fry the sandwich till it turns golden brown and crispy from all
- the sides.
- Your Croque Monsieur is now ready. Serve it hot along with some tomato ketchup or mayo sauce and enjoy.