Dhokla is one of the most popular Gujarati dishes and is loved by the people worldwide.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 cup semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed to paste green chilli
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- water as required
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- For Garnishing
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- To prepare this amazing dhokla recipe, put the frozen sweet corns under running water to defrost them and
- transfer to a mixing jar. Add curd in the same jar and blend them into a smooth mixture. Take out the mixture
- in a large bowl.
- Add enough water followed by semolina, salt, ginger paste and green chili paste in the corn-curd mixture and
- mix well. Meanwhile, brush butter in the dhokla mould and keep aside.
- Just before steaming the dhokla mixture, add baking powder and lemon juice in the mixture. Once you notice
- bubbles emerging from the mixture, immediately transfer the dhokla batter to the greased mould for steaming.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes or until the dhokla is light and fluffy in texture. Insert a toothpick in the dhokla, if it
- comes out clean you can remove the dhokla from the steam, else steam for another 5-10. Take out once
- cooked in a plate and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve immediately.