As it was said that corn was indigenious to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as vegetable mainly boiled or roasted or even eaten with butter.
Corn is been used in various ways -salads, soups, subzis and even sweets too!
Time: 25 minutes
- Sweet corn kernels ½ cup
- Capsicum mixed, finely chopped ½ cup
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Ginger chopped ½ tablespoon
- Onion finely chopped 1 small
- Celery finely chopped 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli sauce 1½ teaspoon
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorns ½ teaspoon
- Vegetable stock 3 cups
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped, 1 teaspoon + for garnishing
- Vinegar 1½ teaspoons
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic, ginger and sauté for half a minute.
- Add onions and sauté till the onion turns golden. Add celery and mix well.
- Add bell pepper, salt, mix well and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, mix well and reduce the heat. Add red chilli sauce, soy sauce and mix well.
- Add crushed peppercorns and vegetable stock and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Take cornflour in a bowl, add sufficient water and mix well to make a smooth slurry. Add this to the soup, mix well till it thickens.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well. Switch off the heat, add vinegar and mix well.
- Serve piping hot garnished with chopped coriander