Christmas Cupcakes are traditional Christmas desserts that are made much in advance so that there is enough in the pantry for the visiting friends and relatives.
Time: 50 minutes
- 4 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup glazed cherries
- For The Main Dish
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 200 gm butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Take a large bowl and add butter in it (reserve 50 grams of butter). Break in the eggs and add sugar and beat.
- You must use a hand blender or you will have to beat it very vigorously. When the mixture is completely
- blended and the sugar is dissolved, keep it aside.
- Now, sieve the flour with baking powder. Gradually add this flour to the sugar-butter mixture. You have to
- ensure that you add a little flour at a time and mix well so that no lumps are formed. Keep adding till the entire
- mixture is blended.
- You can add a little milk at this point if you feel the flour mixture is too tight. Now put in the vanilla essence
- and mix well. This is important or the smell of the egg will spoil the taste of your cake. Add the chocolate chips
- to the batter and swirl.
- Pour in the batter in the cup cake mould. Do not fill more than three-fourth of the mound or the cakes will lose
- their shape. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Now put the cupcake tray in the
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes. After 25 minutes you must insert a skewer and check if the cake is
- done. Bake a little more if the skewer does not come out clean.
- Now take the cakes out of the oven, place them on a wire rack and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, take the icing sugar and butter and mix well. Keep beating vigorously till the mixture becomes light
- and creamy. You may sprinkle a little milk and add some more butter if required. Put this icing evenly on the
- cake. Decorate with glazed cherries.
- You can serve these Christmas Cup Cakes slightly warm or cold. You can serve these either with a dollop of
- cream or with vanilla ice cream. If you are health conscious, you can serve the cake with fresh seasonal fruits.