Chocolate French Toast with Strawberries is one of the most loved breakfast recipes in the world.
Time: 40 minutes
- 6 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200 gm strawberry
- For Garnishing
- icing sugar as required
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Now, pour in half
- of the milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture. Next, add the
- remaining milk, eggs along with vanilla essence and whisk until all the ingredients have blended well.
- Now, arrange the bread slices in a tray and pour the complete cocoa mixture over the bread slices. Flip the
- bread once to get both sides nicely coated with the cocoa mix. leave it aside for some time and let it soak
- completely for 8-10 minutes. In the meantime, heat the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. When the
- butter melts, carefully lift the bread slices, one at a time, and add them to the pan.
- Cook each slice until the bread turns brown and is lightly crisp. Flip and continue cooking until the slices are
- slightly puffed in the center and are bouncy to the touch. Now, transfer the French toast to a plate and garnish
- with chopped strawberries and icing sugar. Serve immediately to enjoy!