Chili Fish in Gravy is a North Indian recipe that is sure to be a family favorite.
Time: 40 minutes
- 7 fish fillets
- 2 onion
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- water as required
- 2 tomato
- chilli flakes as required
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt as required
- 9 leaves coriander leaves
- Start by pre-heating the oven at a temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix lime juice
- with red chili powder. Now, coat the fish fillet pieces with the mixture prepared in the bowl and set aside.
- Place these fish pieces in a greased baking tray and slide this tray in the oven for minimum 20 minutes or until
- cooked well. Meanwhile, place a pan over medium flame and pour oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough add
- chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent. Add chopped tomatoes to the same pan along with salt
- and chili flakes. Cook till the tomatoes become tender.
- Check for the fish pieces now. Take the tray out of the oven and carefully drop them in the pan along with
- some water. Cook for another 5 minutes over medium flame and then cover the pan using a lid. Simmer it for 5
- minutes over low flame. Remove the lid after 5 minutes and turn off the gas knob. Make sure that there is a
- little gravy in the end. Your chili fish is now ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.