Chicken Manchurian is a popular starter recipe which is relished by people of all age groups.
Time: 40 minutes
- 250 gm chicken
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup refined oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed green peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 ml water
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 handful chopped into cubes cilantro
- 10 ml light soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 finely chopped spring onions
- To prepare this delicious Chicken Manchurian recipe, take a bowl and add corn flour, flour, salt and pepper
- along with the beaten egg in it. Mix all these ingredients properly and prepare a batter. Next, dip the chicken
- pieces in the batter one by one. Make sure it is properly coated.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, place the coated chicken
- pieces in the oil and deep fry till they turns golden brown in colour. Once done, drain the excess oil and keep
- aside till further use.
- Now, to prepare the manchurian sauce, heat oil in another pan over medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough,
- add the garlic and ginger in it. Fry till it becomes slightly brown in colour. Now add in green chilies and cilantro
- leaves. Saute these for about a minute or so.
- Then, bring the flame to low and add in the chicken stock, soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Allow this
- mixture to simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Once done, add in corn flour along with water in it and bring the
- mixture to a boil.
- The last step is to place the fried chicken pieces into the manchurian sauce. Bring the flame to medium low and
- allow the dish to cook for close to 5 minutes. Once done, turn off the flame and transfer the Chicken
- Manchurian into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot with fried rice or noodles.