This 5-ingredient is not your average chicken Alfredo recipe. This easy, cheesy pasta casserole is packed with palate-pleasers like creamy Alfredo sauce and shredded mozzarella that everyone in your family will love, plus white-meat chicken and chopped broccoli for a hearty dose of protein + veg. Best of all, it preps in 15 minutes flat and is ready to enjoy in just over half an hour. This one’s a winner.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 box (16 oz) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb uncooked chicken tenders (not breaded), cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- In large pot of water, cook 16 oz uncooked penne pasta until al dente as directed on box. Drain; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. In 10- to 12-inch nonstick sauté pan or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 lb uncooked chicken tenders (not
- breaded), cut into chunks; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add chicken to drained pasta. Add 1 bag (12 oz) thawed Green Giant™ Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen broccoli cuts; toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour 2
- jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce over top; stir.
- Pour mixture into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or glass baking dish; spread evenly. Sprinkle 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz) evenly over top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.