Cheese Gratin is a Continental recipe having it’s origin in French cuisine.
Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup gauda cheese
- 4 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 cup boiled milk
- 2 small minced onion
- 2 teaspoon mustard paste
- 4 cup peas
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- To prepare this easy recipe, heat a non-stick pan on low flame and heat 5 tablespoons of butter in it. Once the
- butter melts, add minced onion along with grated garlic in the pan and saute till the raw aroma of garlic goes
- Now, add whole wheat flour in the pan along with dried parsley, and fry for about a minute or two till the flour
- turns to golden brown in colour. Afterwards, add hot milk in the pan and mix well. (Note: Add milk in batches
- so that the lumps do not form.)
- Stir continuously until the mixture is smooth and thick, and make sure no lumps are remaining. When done,
- switch off the burner and remove the pan from the burner and give it a stir once again.
- Now, add mustard paste along with ½ cup of cheese and peas in the pan. Mix well. Meanwhile, pre-heat the
- oven at 180 degree Celsius. Then, take a baking dish and grease it with the remaining butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking side and top up with the remaining grated cheese. Now, take another baking
- dish and add butter along with bread crumbs it. Mix well and microwave for a minute.
- When done, pour the bread crumbs mixture over the prepared cheese and peas mixture. The, bake in the pre-
- heated oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown in colour and puffed out.
- When baked, remove from the oven and serve hot