Caramelized Ice Cream is a Continental recipe that you can prepare for your loved ones in summers.
Time: 35 minutes
- 4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 chopped banana
- 2 tablespoon almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of cold water, and 1/4 tsp of lemon juice. Lemon juice will
- prevent the caramel from crystallizing and seizing up.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently swirl the pan and avoid stirring the mixture for the
- sugar to dissolve as that will cause crystallization.
- Remove the saucepan from the flame as the caramel turns golden brown. It is ready for pouring on the ice
- Now, in a bowl empty one cup of vanilla ice cream. Put a layer of banana slices and pour a portion of caramel
- sauce over the ice cream.
- Add another 2 cups of ice creams over that and add more nuts along with a little caramel sauce.
- Empty the last cup of ice cream and pour caramel (you can create a desired design) and almonds. (Optional:
- You can add a cherry at the top!)