If yesterday’s leftover bread is bothering you too much, then try making this Bread Papdi Chaat with it and indulge in its delicious flavors.
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 bread slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 potato
- sev as required
- 1/2 tomato
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 tablespoon tamrind chutney
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 onion
- papdi as required
- salt as required
- For Garnishing
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- To prepare this snack recipe, firstly, place a pan over medium flame and heat oil in it. When the oil is hot
- enough, roast the leftover bread slices in it. Cook for a while until brown and crispy. Once done remove from
- heat and set aside. Now, place a pan with water medium flame and add potato along with water in it. Let it boil
- and one done, drain the excess water. Peel the potato and set it aside.
- On a chopping board, chop tomatoes, cilantro and onions. Take a medium bowl and add chopped tomatoes,
- chopped onions, chopped cilantro, boiled potatoes in it. Mix well and mash the potatoes. Now, add red chili
- powder, chaat masala powder, salt and cumin powder. Whisk the mixture to evenly coat the vegetables with
- the spices.
- Next, add yogurt and tamarind chutney and mix well until combined. Now, take spoonful of this chaat mixture
- and add on the roasted bread slice. Top this up with some crispy sev and crushed papdi. Garnish with cilantro
- and serve immediately to enjoy!