Recreate Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice at home in your oven. This fool-proof method starts with fresh vegetables and ends with fluffy grains every time.
Time: 40 minutes
- Rice 100 grams
- Chipotle sauce 1 tablespoon
- Oil 1½ tablespoons
- Onion finely chopped
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Carrot diced ¼ cup
- Green peas boiled ¼ cup
- Tomato puree ½ cup
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Heat stock in a deep non-stick pan.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add rice, onion, garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add chipotle in adobo sauce and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add carrot, green peas, salt and boiling vegetable stock.
- Place coriander on top and cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Discard coriander leaves and add lemon juice and mix well.