Amritsari Papad Paneer is a special Lohri recipe which is made using marinated and papad coated paneer.
Time: 60 minutes
- 250 gm paneer
- refined oil as required
- 1 pinch garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 peppercorns
- 20 gm mint leaves
- 20 gm yoghurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch chaat masala
- 5 gm ginger
- 4 papad
- 3 gm red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 25 gm gram flour (besan)
- 20 ml water
- 20 leaves coriander leaves
- 4 pieces ice cubes
- 1 pinch dry mango powder
- black salt as required
- 2 cloves garlic
- Take a bowl and mix red chili powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and black pepper in it. Now, cut
- the paneer pieces into small squares and marinate them into the red chili mixture. Refrigerate the marinated
- paneer for about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl mix gram flour with the given amount of water to form a
- creamy consistent batter.
- Roast papad over tawa and crush it to form a crumble. Pour the marinated paneer pieces into the gram flour
- batter and cover with crumbled papad pieces. Take a pan and add enough oil to deep fry the paneer. Pour the
- paneer pieces coated with papad into the pan and fry till crisp and brown. Serve hot with your favourite dip.
- To prepare the mint dip take a mixer and add coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, garlic cloves, lemon juice
- and ice cubes. Grind the ingredients well to form a consistent paste. In a bowl add the beaten curd and whisk
- well with the blended ingredients. Sprinkle over some black salt as per your taste, mango powder, chat masala
- and mix well into the curd. Mint dip is ready to serve with paneer papad. Enjoy!