An ingredient that can be relished in the raw form too – try serving it as a starter just sprinkled with a little chaat masala, black salt and chilli powder!
Time: 40 minutes
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated ½ cup
- Samosa patti readymade 4
- Green chilli chopped 1
- Chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon + to deep fry
- Celery chopped 1 teaspoon
- Green capsicum chopped ¼ cup
- Processed cheese grated ¼ cup
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Dried oregano 1 teaspoon
- Refined flour (maida) 2-3 tablespoons
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add green chilli, celery and green capsicum and sauté for a minutes.
- Add salt, cottage cheese, processed cheese, coriander leaves, chilli flakes and dried oregano and mix well. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Put refined flour in a bowl, add quarter cup water and mix well to make slurry.
- Quarter each samosa patti. Make small balls of cottage cheese mixture.
- Place two pieces of somasa patti in a way that it resembles a plus sign.
- Put one portion of cottage cheese mixture in the center and overlap the four sides to make a square shaped parcel. Apply slurry on all the sides, so that the patti sticks properly.
- Apply slurry on all the corners of the square parcels, to make sure oil does not go inside.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, slide in the parcels and deep-fry till crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.