A popular street food (chaat) that has its origins in North India, Dahi Papdi Chaat is a tasty and quick snack to make.
Time: 50 minutes
- 15 papdi
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered red chilli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed to paste mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon sweet tamarind sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander chutney
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- For Garnishing
- 3 tablespoon sev
- For Toppings
- 1 cup beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup bean mung
- 2 peeled,parboiled,chopped potato
- Take a bowl and add yoghurt to it. Whisk the yoghurt until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and sugar to the
- yoghurt and mix well so that the flavour gets incorporated.
- Now take a plate and arrange the papdis on it. Peel the par boiled potatoes and chop them into cubes. Once
- the papdis are arranged, add some chopped potatoes on top. Now, top up with mung beans. Drizzle the
- coriander mint chutney and tamarind dates chutney on top ( you can add more as per your taste).
- Sprinkle chaat masala powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and little salt. Drizzle the yoghurt on top
- followed by any remaining chutneys. Garnish with coriander leaves and sev.Serve at once. This delicious chaat
- recipe is best enjoyed on festivals like Holi and Diwali.