Corn pulao is a easy recipe that makes for a complete meal. With spices, Basamati rice and beautiful corn kernels, pack some for lunch to make everyone jealous.
Time: 30 minutes
- 250 gm of Basmati rice
- 80 gm of American corn kernels
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 green chillies
- 5 gm of cumin seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of pepper corn
- 8 flakes of cloves
- 2 cups of hot water
- 3 Tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- Sautéed diced chopped bell pepper
- Grated coconut
- Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for at least 15-20mins.
- Grind coconut, green chilli, coriander leaves to make a fine paste.
- Take a pan add olive oil. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corn, sliced onion, slit
- green chillies, ginger garlic paste and the above coconut paste. Sauté well, and then add corn kernels. Drain the
- rice and add it to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Add hot water, little salt and cook for 15mins. Once the rice is 3/4th done add lime juice.
- Finally garnish with sautéed diced red and yellow bell pepper, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with cucumber raita.