Carrot Shorba is a delicious and easy-to-make North Indian recipe which is cooked using carrots, onions, butter, and a few spices like bay leaf and white pepper powder.
Time: 25 minutes
- 500 gm carrot
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon white pepper powder
- 6 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 leaves bay leaf
- 1 1/2 medium onion
- To prepare this amazing soup recipe, wash and peel the carrots and garlic cloves, and keep aside. Now, take a
- chopping board and chop the peeled carrots, coriander leaves, onions and garlic separately.
- Next, take a deep-bottomed pan and heat butter in it over medium flame. Saute onion, garlic, bay leaves and
- peppercorns in the butter for a few seconds. Once done, add the chopped carrots and coriander leaves with
- Let the above mixture boil, until the carrots become tender and soft. When the carrots are tender enough,
- blend the whole mixture properly and pour it in a pan. Stir well. Boil the mixture till the desired consistency and
- sprinkle some white pepper powder, if desired. Your shorba is ready. Serve in bowls garnished with the
- reserved onions and enjoy.