Rose Pudding is a must try for all those who have a sweet tooth. As the name suggests, this dessert has rose water and rose petals as its key ingredients.
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 tablespoon gulkand
- 3 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dry rose petals
- 3 tablespoon basmati rice
- Clean the rice by washing it thoroughly. Soak it for about 15 minutes or so. On the other hand, boil 3 cups of
- milk and keep it aside for a while.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon ghee and add rice to it . The rice is stir fried along with ghee on a low to
- medium flame until fragrant. Then remove it from the flame.
- Place the basmati rice into a grinder to form a powder. Make sure not to add water to the mix. Add the ground
- rice powder to the same pan and add milk to it.
- Cook the rice in the milk for about 10-15 minutes until the rice turns soft. Wash the fresh rose petals
- thoroughly under running water and put them in the milk mixture.
- Rose water is added to the mixture and kheer thus prepared is stirred continuously. Allow it to simmer for 4-5
- minutes and let the rose petals blend along with the milk and rice mixture.
- Add sugar to the boiling milk. Once the kheer has turned creamy, add the chopped pistachios and Gulkand as
- per your taste.
- Stir continously and turn off the flame. Cool the pudding at room temperature and then freeze it. Serve the
- Rose Pudding chilled.