This dessert recipe is widely famous in northern region of India and is specially made for celebratory purposes.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 4 pistachios
- 5 cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 100 gm condensed milk
- 2 almonds
- For The Main Dish
- 4 strand saffron
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- To prepare this delicious rabri recipe, take a non-stick pan and mix together two tablespoons of milk along with
- saffron strands on low flame. Mix well to make a yellowish coloured milk. Transfer this saffron milk in a bowl,
- and keep aside.
- Now, take a deep-bottomed and non-stick pan on low flame and add full cream milk in it. Bring it to a boil and
- then add condensed milk in the pan, stir to mix well. Simmer for about 2 minutes and then add some chopped
- pistachios, cashews along with almonds in the pan. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook until the milk reduces to half on low flame. Then, add milk powder in the pan while stirring thoroughly
- along with cardamom powder and saffron milk. Mix well once again to incorporate the ingredients and bring it
- to boil once again. (Note: Make sure that the flame is low all this while.)
- Stir it again to blend the ingredients well. When done, remove the pan from the burner and transfer the rabri to
- a bowl. Keep it aside to cool slightly and garnish with pistachios. Serve warm.