- 8 mini (or 3-4 regular-sized) éclairs, plus extra for topping
- 400ml whipping cream, plus a little extra
- 4 eggs
- 140g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate, finely grated
- For chocolate crackle topping:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Place the éclairs and whipping cream in a small pot and bring to just a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to fully cool. Strain into a measuring cup to remove the éclairs.
- Top up the cream to ensure you have 400ml – the éclairs may have soaked up some cream. Place the fridge until very cold.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Return to the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the sugar and vanilla. Beat well with an electric mixer until it forms a ribbon when lifted.
- Add half the egg mixture to the cream and whisk together. Once they are fully combined, add the remaining egg mixture and gently fold to combine. Add the grated chocolate and fold to combine.
- Pour into a Tupperware container and seal with the lid. Freeze for 7-8 hours.
- To make the chocolate crackle topping: Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and drizzle the topping on top. Once the topping loses its shine, you will be able to crack it. Top with an éclair and some whipped cream and enjoy!