Slice into a delicious sweet bread wtih a punch of blueberries and a kiss of citrus
- ½ C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- rind of 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange plus extra water if needed to make ½ C
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C blueberries
- juice of one orange
- ¼ C sugar
- Mix together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in rind and juice.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined and moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean
- Combine juice and sugar in a small pan. Heat to dissolve sugar.
- Pour glaze over top of hot loaf.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.