For busy mornings this baked eggs in a nest recipe is perfect! With just a little preparation the night before allows you to just pop them in oven for a hot on-the-go breakfast!
Time– 55 minutes
- 12 hash brown/egg cups
- 3 cups potatoes shredded hash browns
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cooking oil
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup bacon (diced)
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With the help of cooking spray grease muffin pan.
- Mix potatoes shredded hash browns, green onion, pepper, salt and oil
- Add potatoes equally on 12 muffin cups, pressuring against sides and bottom
- For 25 minutes bake the muffins
- Fry bacon and red bell peppers for about 6-7 minutes over medium heat until contents are in oven
- Add bacon and pepper mixture with beaten eggs and milk.
- For taste season with salt and pepper.
- Over cooked hash brown/green onion cups pour egg/bacon/bell pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes and cheese is melted.
- Ready to serve the elegant muffins